For a long time, live videos associated with professional studios, powerful computers, and expensive gear. But not anymore. These days you need to have only your iPhone and a strong internet connection to be able to go live. The best thing about mobile streaming is that you can broadcast from any place around the world.
In this article, I’ll share how to go live on Facebook from your iPhone in 2 clicks!
Be.Live Mobile App
If you’re looking for an easy yet powerful live streaming app for iPhone, Be.Live – is the best option to go for. To create a Facebook Live video, you’ll simply need to download the app, signup with your Facebook or Google account, and choose the destination you want to stream to.
With Be.Live you can live stream on:
- Facebook timeline;
- Business page;
- A group;
- To all of the destinations simultaneously (something that you can’t do with the native Facebook Live app).
How Be.Live Mobile App Is Better
These features will boost your engagement and live sales:
1) Ability to stream to 5 destinations.
With Be.Live Mobile App you can stream to Facebook and YouTube simultaneously. You’re able to connect one Youtube channel and 4 destinations on Facebook or go live to 5 destinations on Facebook.
2) Showing comments in the stream.
Engage with your audience and build a personal connection by showing your viewers comments in the stream.
3) Ability to brand your stream.
You can add a logo to your stream and make it look even more professional.
4) Inviting a guest.
Invite a guest to create engaging live streams and keep your audience interested.
5) Portrait or Landscape mode.
You are able to go live in Portrait or Landscape mode, depending on your show format
6) Be.Live has 24/7 support
You can literally get help any time you need it. There are real people who’re there in Live chat to help you.
7) Supporting Community
26K people who have each other’s back and always there to give advice or feedback. It’s a great thing for both pro and beginner streamers.
8) Official Facebook Partner
The cool thing is that Be.Live is an official Facebook partner, which means that your private data is safe.
Pro tip: This is something you need to pay attention to once you pick the app for streaming. Many apps don’t have permission to access personal data on different platforms such as Facebook. The only way to use them is to share your credentials which might affect your data security.
Right now, you can use the app absolutely free. Make sure to give it a try.
Native Facebook Live: Streaming with iPhone
Going live from the native Facebook iOS app is an excellent option for those who want to try out live streaming with mobile and don’t want to install one more app on their iPhone. It’s also for people who just started their streaming journey and exploring different options out there.
Those, who are more or less experienced and have a vision of professional-looking live streams, most likely, won’t be satisfied with the features offered by Facebook on mobile. And I totally can relate.
With the native Facebook app, you can go live from any iOS device, invite a guest and… That’s it. Facebook app doesn’t allow you to highlight the comments in the stream or brand your show with your logo. It also requires your guest to join with their Facebook accounts, when with Be.Live your guest can join anonymously with a secure link. There are fun masks you can use while broadcasting from the Facebook app, but other than that, functionality is pretty poor.
Still, many people use it since there is no need to install any other apps, and it’s enough for occasional 5-10 minutes long broadcasts. If you wonder how to live stream from your phone and you’re not interested in making your live stream look professional – the Facebook iOS app is a good choice.
It’s worth mentioning that it’s available for both iOS and Android (where the Be.Live Mobile app is available for streaming with iOS only)
5 Tips on How To Make Your Mobile Livestream Better
Once you decide on the app you’re going to use, make sure to follow this to-do list, just to make sure you are 100% ready for your first Facebook Live:
- Make sure your phone is fully charged (or make sure you have your power bank next to you so that you can use it anytime you need it). Live streaming drains the battery very quickly);
- Set your phone to Airplane mode. If you’re about to look professional in your Facebook live stream, then you’ll need to make sure you won’t be interrupted by a call while you’re broadcasting;
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection. Go to speedtest.net and check your uploading speed. It should be at least 5 Mbps. The bigger number – the better;
- Use a Tripod or Gimbal. All of us have seen those shaky videos when we can’t understand what’s going on in the video or a live stream. To avoid those issues in your Facebook Live, make sure to stabilize your phone.
- Look in the camera, not at yourself. This is something that happens even to PRO streamers from time to time. We really care about how we look and thus start to look at our camera preview. To look like an experienced streamer – look exactly in your camera lens.
Now you know how to go live on Facebook with your iPhone and look like a pro. It might take some time to get used to streaming with your phone. Somehow it’s much easier and feels way more natural than streaming from your desktop or laptop.
I really hope you enjoyed this article and found the answers you were looking for. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, I will be happy to know which app you will use for live streaming and why.
You can download the Be.Live mobile app here.
Content creator at BeLive