According to a LinkedIn case study, 51% of companies acquired a B2C customer through LinkedIn. If you’re on the lookout for another platform where you can reach new customers for your business, LinkedIn Live is a golden opportunity. In this blog post, we will cover 9 ways to increase brand awareness and generate leads using LinkedIn Live.
Two Main Motivations to Start Using Linkedin Live
What is your idea of growth? Understanding your goals narrows down the topics you want to discuss on your live streams and the success indicators you need to monitor.
Do you want to be a thought leader so that you can grow your brand and business? As a thought leader, LinkedIn is a great place to do that. According to a LinkedIn study, 89% of the respondents reported that Thought leadership had enhanced their perception of a brand. Additionally, 49% said that Thought Leadership directly influenced their purchasing decisions.
Do you want to get new leads? You might feel like you’ve exhausted your current target audience and need “fresh” leads. If you are a business owner targeting other business owners, LinkedIn is a perfect fit. 93% of B2B marketers consider LinkedIn to be the most effective site for lead generation.
1. Become a Thought Leader
LinkedIn defines thought leadership content as:
Free deliverables organizations or individuals produce on a topic they know a lot about and feel others can benefit from having their perspective on. Thought Leadership, in this context, does not include content primarily focused on describing an organization’s products or services.
In a nutshell, a Thought Leader is the “go-to expert” in a specific industry. Simon Sinek is a thought leader in leadership. He has more than 4 million followers on LinkedIn, and his posts get thousands of engagements.
Why LinkedIn Live Is Perfect for Thought Leadership
- You’re delivering your knowledge in its unedited and “rawest” form.
- You can host live Q&A sessions
- You can inspire people with your success stories
2. Showcase Success Stories
One of the most effective ways to attract new customers is to showcase how your existing customers have succeeded. For example, in the fitness industry, coaches publish a Before and After photo to showcase the progress. You can use a similar approach on your LinkedIn Live videos.
Quick Tips on How You Can Share Success Stories on a LinkedIn Live:
- Invite a successful client who’s willing to share their story live.
- Ask questions about their challenge and how they overcame it.
- After the interview, wrap up the story and mention a free resource where they can learn more. This could be a blog post or an invite to a group where they can get more support.
Pro Tip #1: Remember that the goal here is for you to share the success of your client. Your client is telling the story of how crucial your business is for them. This is more powerful than simply discussing the details of your coaching package or your services.
Pro Tip# 2: Use BeLive to interview your successful clients. If you’ve never done a live interview before, you can use BeLive to create professional and branded live streams on LinkedIn. Invite your guest with a link, and they can join using their phone or laptop as a guest. They don’t even need to log in! Sign up for a free trial here and see how it works.
3. Find And Target The Decision Makers
The key to effective lead generation is understanding who the decision-maker is. LinkedIn makes it easy to target decision-makers. You can specifically find and target people based on these criteria:
How You Can Target Decision Makers on Your Next LinkedIn Live
- Include the position of the audience you’re targeting in the title of the live video;
- Focus on a specific challenge that they are experiencing;
- Discuss 2-3 strategies on how they can solve it;
- Add decision-makers as connections and tag them while announcing the LinkedIn Live.
For example: Top Influencer Marketing Tools for Partnerships Managers. This title clearly states a common marketing position in most organizations. Plus, it lets them know how you might be able to help them achieve their goal. You can tag Partnerships Managers in your network. Tagging people can boost the views and engagement, but make sure to use it sparingly. Yes, LinkedIn allows you to tag people in your posts, but you need to make sure that you’re not bombarding your network with too many notifications.
4. Promote Your Services
Once you have people already hooked in your live stream, take the opportunity to promote your product or service. While professionals on LinkedIn are used to networking, it’s important to stay classy whenever you’re promoting something.
A quick way to promote your service on a LinkedIn Live:
- Mention a blog post that provides valuable information on how they can solve a problem
- The blog post links to a paid product or service.
5. Host an Event on LinkedIn.
Creating an event on LinkedIn is a great way to get more people to join your launch or live training. When you create an event, you’ll be able to invite your connections to “Attend.” When they accept, they’ll get reminders about the event. More importantly, as an organizer, you can see the total number of attendees and add all the event details.
6. Convert New Leads
If you already have a landing page where you get a lead’s email, you can mention this in your LinkedIn Live.
When you’re wrapping up the discussion:
- Talk about your free PDF or a 30-minute coaching session
- Let them know what to expect from the free resource and link them in the caption or the comment.
Pro tip: Use BeLive’s Live Sales Link feature to send your viewers to a landing page. Upload a photo of your free lead magnet and include a link. Whenever you show this image on the screen, the link will also automatically appear in the comments section.
7. Collaborate with Other Professionals and Business Owners
Collaboration is critical when it comes to growing your business on LinkedIn. If you know someone in your network that’s already having a regular LinkedIn Live, an excellent way to get started is to be a guest on their live stream. Watch their past LinkedIn video and pitch a topic that their audience might be interested in.
8. Hire a New Employee or a Freelancer
If you’re looking for new talents to grow your business, you can also publish LinkedIn Live videos on the company page to target professionals.
- Post a job listing on your company page
- Host a live stream talking about your team culture or have a live tour of your office
- Promote the job listing in your LinkedIn Live if they want to learn more
9. Analyze the Data of Your Linkedin Streams
Growing your business on LinkedIn is not complete without understanding your analytics. At the end of each week or each month, ask these questions:
- How many people did I reach on LinkedIn?
- How many people viewed my live streams?
- How many comments did I get?
- Which cities and countries are my viewers from?
- What are their positions?
By asking these questions, you’ll be able to improve your topic and targeting in your next LinkedIn Live videos.
Pro tip: If you’re targeting people with the position of Marketing Manager and the people who view your content are Product Managers, you need to change elements in your strategy. You can use LinkedIn Poll to ask your connections which topics they need help with.
Those are 9 ways to get you started on growing your business on LinkedIn. You can start with one and add more strategies as you optimize your process.
Don’t have LinkedIn Live yet? Learn more about getting LinkedIn Live access here and increase your chances of getting approved here.
Irene Chan is a writer and live video producer at BeLive. She has been working in the digital marketing industry for a decade and loves the creativity of video production. She has a degree in Broadcast Communication and is always imagining new live videos to produce. She is based in the Philippines and lives with her husband, two kids, and their 11-year-old Chihuahua.