As a creator, establishing a genuine connection with your audience is crucial for cultivating a loyal following. Despite the popularity of short-form video, live streaming remains an effective way to engage and interact with viewers on a deeper and more personal level.
That’s why we’ve put together this guide to show you how to simultaneously go live on TikTok and Instagram (and even more social media channels!). Mobile apps like these ones are notorious for making it difficult to multi-stream for non-techy people. Lucky for you, we’ll cover all the tips and tricks you need to make it easy.
But first, let’s talk about why these are necessary live-streaming destinations and why multi-streaming should be part of your strategy.
Why Go Live on Tiktok & Instagram Simultaneously?
Given the popularity of these two platforms, it’s not uncommon for creators or brands to be active on both, especially since TikTok’s algorithm often leads to viral success and Instagram’s Reels feature makes it easy to share short-form video content.
In fact, many creators repurpose their TikTok content on Instagram, building a following on both platforms. However, going live on both can be time-consuming if you don’t know how. You’ll either (1) set a different streaming time or (2) use two different mobile devices to go live on each platform, which is an archaic way of live streaming.
Be.Live solves this problem by allowing creators to go live on both platforms (and even more!) simultaneously with just one device.
Here are more reasons why you need to multi-stream (even if you think you don’t need it yet):
- Save time and effort: Rather than having to schedule separate live streams for each platform, you can go live on multiple platforms at once with just one device and a single stream.
- Grow your brand: Building a stronger and more loyal following on both TikTok and Instagram can help you grow your brand and increase your visibility online.
- Reach a larger audience: By multi-streaming, you can reach viewers who may only be active on one platform, ultimately expanding your reach and potential audience.
- Gain valuable insights: By broadcasting on multiple platforms, you can gain insights into which platform your audience prefers and tailor your content strategy accordingly.
How to Go Live on TikTok & Instagram at the Same Time Using Be.Live
With just one device, you can go live on both platforms simultaneously and even more social media channels with just a few clicks.
- Sign up for Be.Live Account: Visit the Be.Live website and sign up for a free 14-day trial.
- Choose your destinations: Click Set Destination, and choose TikTok & Instagram. You can set more destinations depending on what you like.💡 Follow this tip: Before you start, make sure to copy the stream details (stream URL and stream key) from Instagram and TikTok to Be.Live. Here’s how:
Step 1. Go to Instagram.com and click “Add post,” then select “Live” from the dropdown menu. Enter the title and select your audience.
Step 2. Copy the URL and stream key displayed in the “Go live” screen on Instagram.
Step 3. On Be.Live, add Instagram Live as your streaming endpoint using the URL and stream key as a custom RTMP.
Step 4. Once you’ve confirmed the preview within Live Producer, click “Go live” to start the stream and end the broadcast on Live Producer first before ending the stream on Be.Live.
For the full Instagram Live Producer Tutorial, check it out here.
Step 1. Open the TikTok app and click the + button at the bottom of the screen.
Step 2. Navigate to the LIVE tab and select “Cast on PC/Mac.”
Step 3. Copy the URL and Stream Key displayed on TikTok.
Step 4. Open Be.Live and connect the account using the copied URL and key.
Step 5. Go LIVE in real-time on the connected RTMP account.
For more information about TikTok LIVE, check out their help desk here.
- Set up your broadcast: Before you go live, customize your broadcast settings, such as the orientation of your stream. Make sure that it’s in portrait mode.💡 Follow this tip: Utilize Be.Live features like lower thirds, logos, and media files for professional, visually appealing live streams that align with your brand and keep viewers engaged.
- Start your live stream: Once you’re ready, start your live stream by clicking the “Go Live” button. Be.Live will automatically broadcast your stream to TikTok, Instagram, and all other social media platforms you choose.
- End your broadcast: When you’re ready to end your live stream, click the “Finish” button to stop the broadcast on both TikTok and Instagram.
If you want to take your content game a step further, repurpose your live stream into many different pieces of content like a podcast, short video content, and more. Doing so helps you get the most out of all the content you create.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use Be.Live to stream on other platforms on top of TikTok and Instagram?
Yes, definitely! Choose all the destinations you want for your live stream by clicking Set Destination.
- How to go live on Instagram using a PC?
You need to use a third-party live-streaming tool like Be.Live. It’s not possible to go live on Instagram using your PC if you are not using a third-party tool like Be.Live.
- How many followers do you need on TikTok to go live?
You must have a minimum of 1,000 followers to unlock the ability to go Live.