One term continues to dominate online discussions today: Artificial Intelligence (AI). From streamlining work processes to enhancing productivity, AI is steadily transforming the way we create and distribute content. However, despite the buzz, misconceptions abound, and the full potential of AI in content creation, it remains largely unexplored by many.
In our previous Be.Live On Air Episode, Irene Chan, a respected Marketing Expert, broke down the essential insights on this subject. From sharing her own AI successes to busting common myths and offering practical advice, she sheds light on the significant role AI can play in content creation.
This post will share her insights from the episode, providing a compact guide for creators and brands keen to leverage AI in their workflow.
How AI Technology Can Be Used in Content Creation
When Irene embarked on her freelancing journey, she initially spent six hours creating each blog post, covering everything from research to final publication. However, she found a game-changing ally in Artificial Intelligence (AI) that completely revolutionized her approach to content creation.
During the live stream, she revealed how AI became integral to her daily routine and helped streamline her workflow significantly. She initially managed to bring down the blog post creation time to two hours, thanks to AI. Later, she optimized the process to just one hour by enlisting the help of both AI and a Virtual Assistant.
Here’s how Irene uses AI innovatively throughout her work process as a Project Manager in Marketing:
- Research: She leverages ChatGPT for topic research, complementing this with SEO tools such as SurferSEO for optimizing her blog posts.
- Brainstorming and Planning: Here, Irene uses AI to auto-generate content briefs based on keyword searches. Before assigning these briefs to writers, she ensures their accuracy through a rigorous check.
- Writing and Editing: To enhance the quality of her written work, Irene employs Grammarly, which has built-in AI features.
- Proofreading: Lastly, Irene uses an AI-based tool named Speechify. This tool reads out her articles in various voices, helping her ensure that the content flows well and is appealing to the readers.
What are the Biggest Myths & Misconceptions About AI?
Here are several myths and misconceptions about AI in content creation, according to Irene:
- AI is used for stealing content: This is not the case. If you use your original ideas as part of your input, the output will always be original and authentic.
- AI output is poor: Many people avoid using AI thinking the output won’t be usable. However, Irene likens using AI to building Lego. The AI provides the blocks (content), but how those blocks are used and organized depends on the user. Hence, when using AI, the user acts more as an editor than a writer, with AI as a writer intern.
- AI doesn’t require human input: Another misconception is the idea of AI as a magic button that can generate content without human intervention. However, this is far from the truth. A lot of human input is needed to produce desirable results. This understanding has improved with the release of tools like ChatGPT, which clearly shows the need for human input in the form of prompts.
According to Irene, as AI tools become more mainstream and their usage is better understood by people, these misconceptions are slowly being dispelled.
What are the AI tools that content creators or small brands can leverage?
Here are a few of the best AI tools that can be leveraged by content creators or small brands, according to Irene:
- ChatGPT: It can be used to turn livestream transcripts into blog posts or to generate quotes for social media posts. It’s important to give it specific prompts for the best results.
- Vidyo.ai: This tool helps decide which parts of a stream can be shared as short snippets. It considers the topics or the context of the words being said.
- Descript: This tool makes video editing as simple as editing a doc.
- Be.Live: Not specifically an AI tool per se, but she uses its unique feature called comment assistant to automatically highlight the best comments on her live streams.
To maximize the utility of these AI tools, Irene stressed being precise with prompts and having clear objectives. This approach can enable consistent quality content production in less time, a game-changer, especially for solopreneurs and early-stage startups.
How can you maintain the authenticity and originality of your content while using AI?
In Irene’s words, the first step to preserving the authenticity of your content when using AI is to input your distinctive voice into the AI prompts. This helps ensure that the resulting content mirrors your individual or brand style.
Additionally, even with the impressive advancements in AI technology such as GPT-4, the importance of fact-checking cannot be overstated. AI is a powerful tool that can augment your capabilities, but it isn’t intended to replace your specialized knowledge. Particularly if you’re providing a service, it’s crucial to be well-versed in your field or niche, so you can cross-check the information produced by the AI for accuracy.
What is your success story where AI has significantly improved your content creation process?
In the live stream, Irene shared with the audience a fascinating story about how her team was able to use AI, specifically ChatGPT, to reduce the time they spent on content creation drastically. In this case, a process that used to take them three hours was cut down to just half an hour.
With a team that included a content manager, video editor, and Canva designer, they generated content for five months in a mere 20 days. This was made possible by converting the core content, which was sourced from a pre-recorded live stream, into a variety of other content formats.
What’s the future of AI and content creation?
Based on what Irene shared, she perceives that the future of AI in content creation will be transformative. She suggests that mundane, manual tasks such as data entries and summarizations could soon be managed by AI, saving content creators valuable time and allowing them to focus on more strategic aspects of their work.
This doesn’t mean eliminating human roles but rather reshaping them. Human experts are still necessary, for instance, in SEO strategy and writing, but their tasks become more about overseeing and strategy, while AI handles the high-volume, repetitive tasks. A good example she provided was her team’s approach – using AI for the pre-writing and research stages but still relying on human experts for the actual writing. So, in a nutshell, according to Irene, AI isn’t replacing humans but rather empowering them to do more high-level, strategic work.
Maximize Your Live Streaming Experience with Be.Live
Artificial Intelligence isn’t just revolutionizing the way we write, but it’s also reshaping our live-streaming experiences. Be.Live harnesses the power of AI to take audience engagement up a notch. Our unique feature, the AI Comment Assistant, smartly navigates through the influx of live-stream comments, enabling you to spotlight the most engaging commenters and highlight their noteworthy responses, all without interrupting your flow.
This AI technology eliminates the need for you to pause your live stream to select the best comments manually. With Be.Live, live streams can be more fluid, engaging, and an efficient experience. It’s time to unlock the full potential of live streaming with Be.Live and let AI free up your mind space.